Do you want to be in a happy & equal relationship and STAY happy IN IT once the honeymoon phase is over?
You have to understand your attachment style FIRST.
This way you can understand other people better & protect yourself from attracting toxic relationships.
Most of us have residual trauma. This doesn’t mean that your parents were bad people. They were people…And they did the best they could with the knowledge they had.
I share this information to show you that limiting beliefs or self-sabotaging patterns is nothing to be ashamed of. Trauma bonding is a process that has to be UNLEARNED. And it takes time. Be patient with it and reach out for support when you need it. Vulnerability is a sign of strength, not weakness.
STREAM MY FREE TRAINING | HIGHLY RECOMMEND
What are the 5 inner child archetypes?
The Caretaker/ People-Pleaser — Typically comes from codependent dynamics where one’s individual needs are deemed unimportant. Assumes that the only way to receive love is to be good and self-less.
- Associated limiting belief — “The only way to receive love is to cater to others and ignore my own needs. I need others to complete me. I have to say YES to everyone and put myself second.”
The Overachiever/Perfectionist— Typically comes from families where one parent was a perfectionist. Uses external validation as a way to cope with low self-worth.
- Associated limiting belief — “The only way to receive love is through academic achievements, physical attributes, or financial or professional status. I am only worthy of love if I am “perfect” and perceived as successful.”
The Underachiever — Typically comes from families where one of the parents was ‘inferior ’ to the other parent or financially dependent on them. Believes that the only way to receive love is to stay invisible or hidden or to be “good” and agreeable.
- Associated limiting belief, “I am not good enough to be seen or have needs. Good things happen only to other people. Something is wrong with me.”
The Rescuer/The “Parent” — Typically comes from families where one sibling (usually the oldest) had to take care of their brothers or sisters or “take care” of their parent. Ferociously attempts to rescue those around them in an attempt to feel “needed.”
- Associated limiting belief, “I have to take care of others because they need me. I need other people’s approval to feel validated. I am responsible for others.”
The “FOREVER” Child/ The Life Of The Party— This archetype never grows up, emotionally. Perceives life is an ongoing party as a way to avoid dealing with their emotions or pains.
- Associated limiting belief, “I am not allowed to show pain or vulnerability. The only way to receive love is if others see me as a fun and cheerful person who doesn’t have any problems or struggles.”
You might find it USEFUL to know that people who share the traits of the Perfectionist/Overachiever type often feel like they need external validation to feel loved.
On the opposite side, individuals who represent the archetype of the “Caretaker” and the “Parent” are often attracted to people who make them feel “needed.”
The so-called “people pleasers” often find themselves in co-dependent relationships where they can search for someone to “complete them.”
The “Forever Child” archetype is often seen in emotionally unavailable partners who dodge commitment, play games, or refuse to take responsibility for their actions.
They are often attracted to people who act their “Parents” who can support them financially or take care of them.
& and so forth…
Questions to consider:
- How would you rate your satisfaction with your life right now from 1-10 (10 is best)?
- If less than a 10, what action steps can you take to start improving it?
- If you are not feeling LIGHT in your heart, what’s the impact of being stuck in the current situation?
- What, if anything, might be standing in the way of your happiness?
- How much self-care do you practice in your life to feel healthy in your body and mind?
- How confident do you feel in setting healthy boundaries and expressing your needs and emotions CLEARLY and with kindness?
- How self-aware you are of your tendencies and patterns?
What`s your score?
The great news is that our brain is malleable and can be rewired with practice and commitment 🙂
- Unleashing Your Potential: The Synergy of Sales Mastery and Manifestation
- From Artistic Roots to Financial Fruits: My Journey to Building Ethical Wealth
- 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗠𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗦𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗬𝗲𝘁
- An Easy Nutritious Portable Chia Pudding Recipe
- Elevating Your Professional and Personal Growth with Mental Rehearsal
If you like this post, remember to subscribe to my email list to receive updates for upcoming posts and announcements for group coaching events!
Remember, all healing starts in the heart.
Even if there is a part of you that is under construction, you are not broken.
You are whole and complete.
It’s all about integrating all of your parts together and releasing the tendencies and thought patterns that are holding you back.
~ With love,