In my health coaching practice, I advise my clients to eat predominantly low-sugar fruits like berries (and eat starchy carbs and grains in moderation). However, the foundation of a balanced diet (in my belief), is balance. A balance that leaves room for occasional culinary indulgences and treats. =)
This cake is rich and decadent but doesn’t require any baking. You need to leave it in your fridge overnight so please take this in consideration before you decide to prepare it.
- Four cups of gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- Organic applesauce with berries
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons of raw tahini
- Few large carrots
- 3-4 frozen bananas (need to be ripe)
- A cup of raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons of raw coconut flour
- A teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- A tablespoon of cacao/or carob powder
- In a bowl, mix the oats with boiled water. Once they soften, savor them with salt and spices, and place the mixture in a cake pan (I used one with a rectangular shape)
- Add the applause on top (the whole jar) and sprinkle the cacao nibs on top
- Place your bananas in a blender (you may need to add some liquid; I used almond milk) and blend them until they form a creamy consistency resembling ice-cream. Add on top of layer 2
- Place the raspberries in the same blender you just used (again, you may need some liquid) and add the raspberry sauce on top of layer 3. I mixed it with some cacao powder
- Clean your blender from the banana-raspberry cream you just created and add the carrots. Blend them alone and then add the tahini. You will create a delicious paste (just a warning!:)). Place on top of layer 4
- If you wish, you can blend two more bananas to add one more layer of sweetness. Regardless, this is the time time to add your coconut flour so that all layers stick together and form a thick consistency.
- For the final layer, I leave it up to you to unleash your imagination and decorate the cake anyway you desire. I used dried and fresh fruit.:)
Voila! Here you have it: a seven-layered-no-bake cake. I hope you enjoy it and, if you want more, make sure to check out my other cake recipes.
My Instagram: ana_maria_georgie