Elevate Your Confidence To Pursue Your Dreams With Passion
Key Interpersonal Communication Skills You Need To Improve To Express Your Needs Without Guilt
Shutting down (or stuffing in our emotions) doesn’t solve the root of the problem’s causation; it only exacerbates it further.
Because if you have the pattern of not expressing your needs clearly, it is likely that, eventually, your numbed feelings will erupt like a volcano causing you to snap at people or say things you regret.
Have you ever vented to your friends about a mean boss or overly competetive co-workers?
A not so schocking fact is that only 12 % of employees who leave a well-paid job is for financial reasons… The other 88 percent boils down to job dissatisfaction and NOT feeling appreciated.
Isn’t it ironic how often high-earners feel pressured to perform well while struggling with mental health issues, an IMPOSTER Syndrome, lack of sleep, low energy, chronic stress…and a crumbling relationship at home?!
You deserve BETTER!
When we feel underappreciated we: * Are less productive * Withdraw emotionally * Feel taken for granted * Lose trust and respect * Lack deep contentment * Experience insecurities * Have lower life satisfaction * Have lower job satisfaction
And as Stephen Covey said: “Next to physical survival, the greatest need of a human being is psychological survival — to be understood, to be affirmed, to be validated, to be appreciated.” Remember… what you appreciate, appreciates back! For a transformation to occur in your relationships, it has to occur in YOU first!
This applies to your work environment as well.
You are either a good communicator or not!
When you feel upset/annoyed/frustrated, do you tend to close off instead of speaking up?
Do you tend to bottle down your emotions, or do you know how to express them without sounding accusative or defensive?
Clear, non-violent communication that delivers our emotions directly and compassionately is key to resolving any conflict.
You Attract WHO You Are, NOT What You Want And WHO you are is a byproduct of your upbringing and the relationship patterns inherited by your parents/society You must first understand your inner child archetype and release the emotional triggers holding you back.
Success, in any area of your life, is 25% of what you’re doing and 75% who you’re BEING. Ask yourself, “Who AM I BEING while communicating with my partner/the people in my life?” Then ask yourself, “Do I like this person?”; “Do I like the way I communicate?”