If you have opened this blog-post, it is probably because the title of it spoke to your heart.
I know it has “spoken” to me in the moments when I`ve been at the bottom of helplessness.
For many years (from my teens to my early twenties), I lived with the belief system that there is something inherently wrong with me, that I am unlovable and unworthy of true happiness.
Yet I was always searching for answers. I always knew that there should be a solution to my chronic self-doubt.
How did I snap out of this mental limbo?
I gradually awakened to my authentic truth – to the essence of who I am. I allowed myself to be seen, loved, and appreciated for who I truly am.
And you can do it as well.
Please remember that:
- Self-worth is a contract we make with ourselves.
- It’s a mirror of our belief system and requires daily practice.
- We decide that we are lovable, that we are worth it, that we are enough.
Not feeling “enough” is the root of most of our insecurities and sabotaging tendencies.Tweet
- Not feeling enough tends to produce lower self-esteem.
- Not feeling enough often results in disordered body image
- Not feeling enough corresponds to the tendency of seeking constant validation and approval from others
- Not feeling enough robs us of our will power to claim our worth and set our standards.
Not feeling enough is a disempowering mindset that creeps in everything we think, do, and experience as a result of our beliefs. In order to reverse it, we must trace the root of its cause and reframe our relationship to events from our past that have impacted us negatively.
Do you agree?
If we don’t believe we are worthy of happiness, no external validation/accomplishment/or material possessions will prove to us that we are.Tweet
The proof is in the pudding, they say. And we are the chefs of our mental cuisine.
The way we think about ourselves shows up in what we receive from others. When we build an unshakeable confidence that is based on our instrinsic qualities and self-respect, our confidence sets the example for how we deserve to be treated.
When we decide that we are worthy of respect and love regardless of our age, physical looks or material acquasations — our self-esteem begins to bloom and transform. And with it, our beliefs that we are -after all – E N O U G H.