Have A More Mindful Holiday in 5 Steps
How do you celebrate Christmas?
Christmas (in a non-theological meaning) celebrates the rise of the longer days following the Winter Solstice. It’s a universal holiday that is meant to bring people together, regardless of their religious beliefs.
Every year, we meet together to celebrate the return of the Sun, and to prepare for the upcoming calendar year.
Here are my tips for having a more mindful holiday.
- Make an effort to engage with your relatives even if you don`t feel close.
- Focus on their stories instead of talking first. Using empathy is a precursory to avoiding unnecessary arguments.
- Congratulate them on their achievements, or encourage them if they are trying out something new.
- Instead of being a passive guest who just shows up at the door, says ‘hello’, tastes the food, and leaves – bring something you’ve made yourself, or ask how can you contribute to the celebration.
- Instead of choosing generic gift cards, pick something that…
View original post 70 more words