Recognize Your Hunger Cues (Step-By-Step Guide)
Use these guidelines to learn how to honor your hunger and understand your fullness cues
If you want to build healthy habits around food, what you eat is only a tiny part of the big picture.Tweet
We also have to look at:
- HOW we eat
- Who are you being when you eat?
- Do you eat when you’re not actually hungry?
- Do you eat too little or too much?
How do we “Honor Hunger”?
- Tune into your internal signal that the body needs nourishment.
- Recognize hunger – learn the signs.
- Create an intuitive inner scale from 1-10.
- 1 is just noticing hunger, 10 is starving
- Start to plan for food when you are at a 2.
How do we “Honor Fullness”?
- Create a fullness scale from 1-10.
- 10 is stuffed, 1 is still starving
- Aim for an 8 on the fullness scale – nourished and energized, satiated but not stuffed.
Download this experimental exercise to test how much you`d remembered from this post.
I suggest that your follow these guideline for at least 3 subsequent days and observe what happens!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.