Use these guidelines to learn how to honor your hunger and understand your fullness cues
If you want to build healthy habits around food, what you eat is only a tiny part of the big picture.Tweet
We also have to look at:
- HOW we eat
- Who are you being when you eat?
- Do you eat when you’re not actually hungry?
- Do you eat too little or too much?
How do we “Honor Hunger”?
- Tune into your internal signal that the body needs nourishment.
- Recognize hunger – learn the signs.
- Create an intuitive inner scale from 1-10.
- 1 is just noticing hunger, 10 is starving
- Start to plan for food when you are at a 2.
How do we “Honor Fullness”?
- Create a fullness scale from 1-10.
- 10 is stuffed, 1 is still starving
- Aim for an 8 on the fullness scale – nourished and energized, satiated but not stuffed.
Download this experimental exercise to test how much you`d remembered from this post.
I suggest that your follow these guideline for at least 3 subsequent days and observe what happens!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.